You absolutely can make modifications as we want the only discomfort to be in the area that you are blocking. It is important to be as relaxed and as comfortable everywhere else.
Some suggestions are:
- Keep pillows close by and prop up your body as you need, ex. when working your lower body and you need to hold up your upper body, place a pillow under your torso so your back stays in alignment and your shoulders/neck are not being overtaxed
- All of the positions can be done in a bed or on a couch to lesson the pressure off the block
- Use a couch or chair to hold onto to help you balance
- When doing side lying positions have a pillow close by that you can prop under your head and neck while always working to keep your shoulders down and back
- Remember, your breath if your guide. As long as you are breathing in a relaxed way, you are OK. If any position is causing you to hold your breath, that is your body telling you it is too much and you need to make adjustments or come out of the position and try it again another time.